Re: Dakota Hesitation

From: David Zavetsky (dzavetsky@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 21:10:09 EDT

Well, the EGR valve from NAPA, the dealer, et al all had the solenoid on
it...But it (meaning them all) looked different from the one I
wasreplacing....When I put the new one on, the truck would ping like
nuts....No, I didint clean the passages.....But if they were crusty (to the
point of causing trouble with a new valve) wouldnt I be getting the same
problem with the old valve??? Maybe I should try it...

I checked my fuel pressure today with my shiny new SUNPRO fuel pressure
checker and it read 41 lbs.....The spec is 39....Could 2 lbs of excess
pressure be causing my hesitation? I kinda expected that LOW pressure would
cause that...???