Re: Tires...

From: Lloyd W. Christianson (rtkba@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 18:06:41 EDT

It's about time for new rubber on my '95 CC 4x4 also and I was talking to
the Firestone dealer about a week ago. He said that 30x9.50 was as large
as he would recommend because of the stock rim width of 6.5 inches. I
don't know what style tire you're looking for (street, off-road,
all-terrain) but I'm considering the Firestone Firehawk RMT(Recreational
Maximum Traction) in size LTP255/70R15. I know, 255 is bigger than 235,
but your stock 235 is a 75 series. The 255/70 is susposed to be about
the same height as the 235/75 and it will be a little wider. Firestone
says "This size has the load capacity to replace either the P235/75R15
Standard Load or Extra Load Tire." Their pamplet says that they will fit
rims form 6.5 to 9.0 inches. They want about $120 apiece for them.

Wayne
RTKBA@juno.com
95 SLT, Extended Cab, 4X4, V6 Auto, K&N FIPK, Terminator Muffler,
Autolite Double Platnums