RE: Squeeling tires

From: James Bird (BirdJD@internetmci.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 21:59:43 EDT

No clipping on this beast.

I keep the gains down so I can run 95% w/o distortion (as measured by ear
an scope). Granted I won't win db contests this way, but I will keep
accidents from happening. I need to keep the db meter in there to keep me
from going overboard. But I do hear the tire squeal on the turns. Maybe I
only turn between songs?!?

Clarion Pro head w/ cassette
Six disk Clarion Pro in the glove box
EQ/Active crossovers in the right kick panel
Clarion Pro 50x4 RMS under drivers seat
SoundStream Reference 300x1 under rear seat
Clarion Pro 5.25 separates up front (120+ hz crossing at 3.5K)
Infinity Kappa Mids in rear (120 - 3.5K)
MTX Thunder 5000 subs 8"
Custom .36 cu ft sealed enclosures
Massive amounts of sound absorption material

All equipment is out of site including the sub boxes that are within the
walls of the Club cab behind the panels. Neither amps nor crossovers can
be seen. Out of site, out of mind. . .

James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI.com
'97 Dakota CC, V8, 4x4, 5sp, loaded, No labels
K&N, 500w of serious sound