Re: Stereo system in '97 Dakotas

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 23:59:58 EDT

Todd Martin wrote:

> Q1: Who makes the CD/Cassette deck and speakers used in the Dakotas?

Don't know. CD is most likely someone like Sony, Toshiba, or
Panasonic. The factorydeck sounds pretty good, it is just real
sensitive to scratched and/or dirty disks. Who
knows who makes the regular stock speakers, but the top-of-the-line
models
are Infinitys. They've been around a long time, and make a fine
product.

> Q2: Anybody have any strong opinions as to whether I should go with
> the Dodge sound system or go custom?

I intentionally purchaed my Dak with the high end CD/Infinity sound
system because
I was tired of playing the aftermarket stereo game. I had (and still
have) over $2000
worth of equipment from my previous car, but I said screw it. I was

tired of
messing with it.

I personally am very impressed with the Infinity speakers. Infinity's
have always
been "bassy", and I like that in the Dak. Plus, they are very smooth on
the highs,
and the system seems to be tuned well overall. Like I said, these are
my opinions,
and this is why I got it.

I would recommend anyone buying a new Dak to at least listen to the
8-speaker
Infinity CD system and judge for yourself.

Of course, if you decide to do it yourself, there are alot of us out
here who have
"been there, done that" ;-)

good luck,

--