Oil presuure in my 97

From: Matt Plowman (pmp@smtpgwy.roadnet.ups.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 12:01:28 EDT

Hi all,

Have any of you folks noticed that your oil pressure takes a little
while to register on the gauge on cold starts? When I start my 97 V6 up
the gauge wiggles a little but doesn't get up into the good range until
about 3 seconds after the truck is running ... The oil pressure needle
and the "check gauges" idiot light are the last things to settle in on the
dash when I startup. Is this just a factor of the electric gauge being
lazy? or might I have a problem? Warm starts it isn't as bad but still not
great. I'm looking for a concensus.

BTW ... the gauge reads from 0-110psi with 40 in the middle (I would expect
55 in the middle) ... anyway ... just to the left and right of the "40"
are the two marks. What might these represent? 20 and 50 respectivley?
Anyone know?

Thanks!

ps. I'm using Mopar oil filters assuming they have anti-drain back valves.

in Digest Mode ... Matt