Re: Tune-up time..MSD and Air-flow

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 16:27:22 EDT

<< Hey Will...you might look into doing the wires and coil. You're
definitely
 not reaping the full benefits of the box without 'em. I think I felt a
 better throttle response increase from the Moroso Wires I installed than I
 felt from the 6A and Blaster coil. I would almost bet money if you swapped
 wires and coil you'd get your lost et back and then some.

 I'm really not expecting my MSD to really shine until the mods get a bit
 more advanced on my truck.

 Just my 2 cents. >>

I have been told by my NOS dealer, NOS and MSD that I did not need the Coil
or wires, that it was not necessary but I have had several others say that it
would help ?? For the cost of them I may have to just give it a try. Maybe
with the NOS the hotter spark could be a detionation problem at the plug tip
?? Any how I may just have to find out and from what I have heard if you go
with the coil and wires you need also to go with Brass cap and rotor ?? The
other thing is that if these were weak then it seems as though I would
certainly have a miss problem at top end with NOS, which I don't??

Anyway thanks for your 2 cents, it is all these little bits of info that add
up to allow for cost effective decisions.

Bill