Re: dakota TBIs

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 23:08:19 EDT

Andre Mauboussin wrote:

> Judging from everyone else's experience and my personal observations I
> think the ported TBI is not the way to go until the cam is changed and
> whatever intake/head work you want is completed.

we find that oft times some dak and ram customers are not up to or don't
want to get into complex changes to their truck. they are looking for
an easy upgrade.

the tbi is one of the easiest do-it-UR-self additions. they are
homeruns in the driving range. i feel best results are with the fipk
sanz install. being an 8.0 or a G Cherokee jeepas no fipk avail...

it would take some real et comparison testing to actually decide what is
the best change to make for the drag strip.

it might be interesting to see a poll of members who have a list of
changes and their resulting ets starting w/ stock first. and a vehicle
configuration statement, ie 3.9, 5.2, 2WD 4X4, etc

at my company the biggest demand for the parts we sell is for the tbi.
it is constant. they seem to make the tbi customer very happy as he can
return it if he is not and we have not had any returned of this date.
those are the statistics.

jules