Re: Dakota Hesitation

From: David Zavetsky (dzavetsky@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 1997 - 23:22:44 EDT

Well, Russ, I took your advice and got a DVOM and checked the TPS....it
checked out ok....as did the MAPS sensor and the manifold temp sensor...

I took a look at the operation of the EGR valve as the engine ran, and it
looks like it may not be opening enough, and even when it opens a little, it
looks like it closes partly.....So, I ordered a new EGR valve from the
dealer....We'll se if its the right one, this time...I am really hopeful
that this will work...If not, I may be off to the dealer...

BTW... I saw a neat item at a parts store today....Its called AUTOXRAY....I
guess its basically the DRBII tool, but it will work for CC, FOrd and
GM....It hooks up to the trucks SBEC and scans it, resets the EMR light, and
also allows for scanning during driving for driveability problems....I was
really thinking about buying it, but the $300 price tag is
prohibitive...NEat item, though...If I hang on to this truck for a while,
it may be worth the price in saved trips to the dealer....