Re: Dakota R/T sighting! -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 23:38:00 EDT

I saw an Dakota R/T tonight in the Toys R Us parking lot. It had the same blue stripe on white paint as the Ram, but it also had a push-bar painted to match and both bumpers were similarily coordinated..

On the door, I saw either a decal or an emblem that said R/T Magnum. The exhaust looked stock but I wasn't close enough to hear it and be sure. The wheel/tire combo did not look like any I have seen offered on the Dak.

All-in-all, an interesting looking package. Chrysler won't sell one to me, though--gotta run the wheels off my '92 LE first. A bit too high-profile, also. I prefer sleepers, myself.

BTW--most of you won't recognize my adddress, unless you're an old-timer. I've been unable to do anything more than read an occasional digest for the past few months. But when I saw the R/T tonight and some messages regarding same, I had to respond.

See ya,

klm