RE: Pinging

From: Randy E. Bowman (r.bowman@cvce.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 10:40:48 EDT

On Tuesday, August 05, 1997 7:56 AM, RBusch1@aol.com [SMTP:RBusch1@aol.com]
wrote:
> I was going through withdrawl not having my daily digest to read!
> Let's get this ball rolling again and start the discussion!
> I wish to install an High Energy Ignition coil on my '93 cc V6 5sp MP
SBEC,
> any recommendations?
> I can't stand the pinging anymore! Will this help to get rid of it or do
> need the MSD 6A also? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! And
yes I
> use Premium
> gas!
>
> R. Busch
> '93 4X4 CC V6 5SP MP SBEC K&N

Well, the coil will help, but IMHO, you should also go with the MSD 6,
Brass cap and rotor, as well as wires, you will need new wires and brass
since the extra juice will burn up the stock stuff. I just did mine, and
now, oh so smooth, course i got a 93 V8

Randy E. Bowman r.bowman@cvce.com
President
Catawba Valley Computer & Electronics, Inc.
http://www.cvce.com