Aftermarket parts for the '97 Dak

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 18:18:37 EDT

Evening all,

I finally got the shocks for my '97 ClubCab 4X2 5.2. Been trying to find
some good aftermarket shocks since May. RamChargers (Roseville, Mi)
have been very helpful. The sales staff went out to the parking lot and
crawled under the truck and measured the front and rear shocks and
ordered them by the size instead of the truck model and year. It worked.
I now have a set of 4 Trailmaster N7's to install next weekend. Anybody
have any experience with these on a 4X2?

Also got a new Distributor Cap and Rotor (brass contacts) for the stock
ignition. Have a custom set of Accel wires on order but UPS has them
hostage somewhere. Would like to change the plugs when these are
installed. I looked in the parts store books today for the part number for
either Champion Gold or the Champion Truck Plug for my '97. No luck.
Does anyone know the correct part number for either of these?

Had a wood rack built for the bed. Made out of 2X4's and 2X8's in Cedar and
painted black with a sealer. Divides the bed into 7 neat compartments,
leaves the tie-downs free and add about 60 lbs to the rear which really
helped
keeping the rear end planted on our infamous Michigan roads. The rack is
screwed together and uses aluminum "L" brackets. Easy to lift out for
cleaning.
Cost me $50 bucks.

Scott Vieth....are you still out there? Still have your '97 Service Manual
waiting
for you.

Later,

David R.