Re: Questions From A Newbie

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 20:57:28 EDT

<< The limiting factor on 1/4 times is traction and shifting skills. The
auto
 shifts much quicker and the slightly lower (numerically) first gear helps
 with wheelspin. If you were really skilled at powershifting and were
 running DOT's or slicks you'd probably take an auto out of the hole but not
 gain any more than your initial head start. >>

That just got me thinking about the last test and tune of the year last year.
I was running juice and was running against a Moostang 5 sp (a fast moostang)
the guy was running 13.5's. The first run he jump me out of the hole by about
3' and it stayed there until we let off after the 1/4. I mean it did not
change a inch. The next run same thing he jumped me about 2 ' and it stayed
there til he missed 3rd gear, killed him that run. You are fairly accurate
with that statement fer shurrr.

Bill