Re: splitfire plugs, wires, & cap

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sun Aug 17 1997 - 21:59:06 EDT

kmiller wrote:

> More questions:
>
> Is it worth all of the money to spend on splitfire plugs? I have also seen
> splitfire wires. I guess you should buy it as a package deal. Do they
> really help gas mileage, and increase horsepower ect.....or are the truck
> plugs just as good. I notice a lot of talk about cap and rotors and wires.
> Just mainly the engine should run a lot smoother... Or will I also have
> better throttle response?
>
> Later
>
> Scott

Splitfires? I can answer this one.... Splitfires are good plugs, but
IMHO they are no better than stock champions.... I have them in mine
and to tell the truth I could not tell any difference in mileage or
performance. NO they are not worth the extra money. They will not do
any harm I think but mainly they are just hype.... Isn't there a class
action suit thing out on splitfires for false advertisement? Anyone know
'bout this?

Your best bet I think is to get a nice cap and rotor with brass
contacts, and a good set of quality wires (not splitfire wires, I don't
trust them). I think I will try the truck plugs next go round, I've
heard many like these....

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto