Re: Trailer Pulling

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 13:01:24 EDT

Yes . . . I've checked. Manual and automatic have same tow rating. P.S. -
I'll forward a letter from a guy who pulls a 35' trailer (gaaaacccccckkk!!)
with his Dak. I'll be pulling no more than 5800 lbs (probably 5,000 lbs)
with 4,200 pounds of truck (230bhp/300 lb' of torque). The trailer is a
double axle (four wheels), and will have electric brakes properly setup.
My driving style when towing is best expressed by the sign my buddy will
paint on the spare tire cover: "Life in the slow lane . . . ".
If I didn't mention it, see www.shadowcruiser.com for info on my trailer.