Flowmaster 2 Camber exhaust

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 19:56:29 EDT

I had a Flowmaster 2 Chamber muffler ( 3 inch in, 2, 2.5 in out ) and pipes
installed on my V8 DAK today. I was really worried that it was going to
be too 'loud'. I think it sounds great. ;) You can definitly tell that I
it's a different muffler when you turn on the truck, but I hardly heard
the muffler at all on my 35 mile trip home from work. I did have the AC
going full blast and the radio was up at it's normal, loud setting. At
70 MPH, everything sounded about like it did on the way to work this
morning. I think that some guys are pushing the 'loud' stuff way to much.
It is louder... but FAR, FAR, FAR from being too loud. Just my 2 cents
worth. I DO tend to listen to the T.V. and Stero pretty loudly. I am
used to loud so your milage may vary.

I'll post more info on any MPG changes in a couple of weeks. I'll also
have a test in the morning when I leave for work. Want to see if my
wife notices anything different about the truck. ;)

Jack Snodgrass
   '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, stock