Re:Trailer Pulling

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 22:19:17 EDT

Dick,
Although the truck is not mine, I have used my Grandfathers '92 Dak 5.2
auto CC to pull a 19' fifth wheel 300 miles at a time to the Corpus
Christi coast here in Texas and it was in no way overburdened. I give
you as an example, our return trip last November. There is a bridge
crossing the channel going from the island to the main land, and back ;
) . It is fairly steep (I do not know the grade) and we took it from a
dead stand still at the very base. I have seen passenger cars drop into
passing gear, or slow down considerabley when climbing this bridge. I
punched the accelerator, but was not quite floored, the exhaust note
sounded like a big block pulling a fully loaded rig. The truck climbed
the bridge like it was on fire and by the time we hit the crest, we were
doing 65 and still accelerating. My wife smiled as we hit the top and
said she wished that our cars could do that. That truck is 100% stock
including the tires. I do not feel that you we be hurting from towing
performance in any way.

John Neff
future '98 R/T owner. If CC gets off their chair.