air conditioner

From: Richard Hostetler (zigzag2@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 22:48:34 EDT

I have 96 Dakota Sport 318 auto that I am p-ssed at, just as if it were a
person.I bought it new in April 96 at Anderson Chrysler in Statesboro, Ga.
The only realproblems I have had is the radio quit working on the AM side
back in June 96 they replaced it no problem. But I have had an on going
problem with AC/ heater
blower. On the firewall there is a plate about 2"X4" that a black plug
with wires plugs onto 4 male prongs this is where the problem has been for
over a year. The blower would quit working and I would check everything,
then take it to the dealer. That is when they showed were the problem was,
BUT THEY FIXED IT NO PROBLEM After that once more back to the DEALER, plug
started to melt so they will order a new
plug with pigtails and splice it in and cover joints with heatshrink. I
kept telling them that something was drawing too much current and causing
the the plug to melt NO THEY checked that out. Well I put off having them
replace the plug until today. The compressor quit working friday so I was
forced by the warm Georgia sun to take it back to dealer which is about 45
miles away.They finally decided the blower motor was bad, I stayed at the
the dealers from 8:45 until about 6 today. About 4: the mechanic realized
it was real low on feron 134A and that is why the compressor would not come
on. So before putting everything back together
he recharged the system a DISCOVERED A MAJOR LEAK the coil in the dash. Now
them have to TEAR
the whole DAMN DASH out to replace this coil which will take about 7 hours
tomorrow. I figure I will have
more rattles and things that work right that it take 5 10 or 15 trips back
to the dealer to straighten out.
Sorry I took long to say this but I had to vent. Richard