Re: thorley pics

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 13:03:29 EDT

----------
> From: Chris Ruggiers <ruggiers@telepath.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: thorley pics
> Date: Wednesday, August 20, 1997 08:54 AM
>
> Michael Clark wrote:
>
> > I don't think this made it through so I'm sending it again.
> >
> > I now have some pics of my headers on my webpage if anyone would like
> > see what they look like. Just go to my thorley page
> >
> > "http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/thorley.html"
> > --
> > Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> > '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto
> > MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual
> > Doug Thorley Headers
> > http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/
>
> The DT's look cool as hell. I love the massive cross-over and the trick
> bend of the tail pipe around the spare. If I could only find some for
> my 91 non-magnum V8 (and the 5 bills to pay for 'em).
>
> Chris
> 1991 LE CC 318
> K&N (and wanting more!)

        Chris, I had a 91 LE 318 like yours, mine was a two-tone
blue color. I ALMOST bought a set for mine, then sold it and bought
a '95.

        Mopar Performance sells headers (tubular exhaust is what
they call it) for the pre-magnum V8's. They are black in color, and
include all hardware for installation (including the heat riser valve that
runs to your air cleaner, and the connection to your smog pump).

        Call Mopar to find out if they still sell the setup. It was
supposedly worth 10-25 hp (depending which magazine was doing
the article!).

        Sam '95 SLT

BTW: Did you get the recall notice about the front brake lines??
        The guy that bought my '91 did, unfortunately it came to my
        house!!