Re: Shift Kits

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 20:54:14 EDT

<< he did not recommend the shift kit saying that the clutches, bands,
 etc. cant handle it (too weak) that the tranny life would be very much
 shortened. Just wanted some other opinions on this. I hate the stock
 shift and would like to fix, but dont want to hurt the tranny life in the
 process.

 opinions???????? >>

BS in my opinion. The shift kits advertises that the firmer shifts reduce
clutch slippage and extends the transmission life immensley. Also NOS
recommended a shift kit just to enhance reliability of the transmission due
to the extra power. Everything I have been told is that the shift kits reduce
wear and tear on the transmission and add reliability. They are made to shift
soft for the pansies out there in the world and this causes slippage and
wear.

My 2 Cents

Bill