RE: More Warnings from IBM (forwarded)

From: Bob Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 00:23:14 EDT

From: Richard L. Carlson[SMTP:Richardc@mail2.nai.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 1997 9:43 PM
To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
Subject: Fw: More Warnings from IBM (forwarded)

(text deleted)

I know you think you're doing us a favor, but PLEASE do not forward virus hoaxes
without checking them out first at a URL such as: http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html

Forwarding these hoaxes just causes a pyramid effect of a lot of net traffic and the hoaxer gets
satisfaction of seeing everyone "jump" when he goes "boo".

If everyone on this list doesn't know about how common these hoaxes are you can get a
good education by visiting this site.

And yes, the other car mailing list I'm on had someone there forward this info with the best
of intentions. I just hope to stop the pryamid effect that people here do not blindly tell their
20 friends, who mail their 20 friends ......etc, etc, etc.

Thanks,

-Bob T.