Re: MSD lost out..

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 17:36:20 EDT

<< I have pulleys , mopar perf computer,dynomax exaust and a homemade
 nitrous kit. I have never had problems with detonation if i use sunoco 94oct
 with slick's my truck goes from a 15:30 to a 12:94@ 108. I think nos is
 running the dakota kit too lean therefore people running that kit get
 detonation. >>

Good numbers, who's Nitrous parts are you using and how did you install it ?
What Jetting, wet system or dry, Stock pump ? I have the NOS kit and have
used both Mobil 93 and Sunoco 94 without detonation. I did have detonation
one time with the Mopar SBEC and MSD with MS Retard and the retard failed
brand new, since replacing it it has had no problems. Best run without 14.96
@ 93 and best with 13.33 @ 103 no slicks, BFG TA 275-60-15. I am mounting up
BFG DR's this week end and hope it will help. The 13.33 was with no MSD and
Stock Computer but the 5500 rev limit on the Stock computer is a problem.

Bill