Re: 98 Dakota

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 17:50:11 EDT

----------
> From: Bob Carmack <rob@notnow.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: 98 Dakota
> Date: Thursday, September 04, 1997 10:36 AM
>
> I want to add to some recent posts about shabby service at the
dealership.
> Some of you may know that I had on order a 98 Dak CC, 4x2, 318 5spd, hell
> everything. Ordered it in early July. Supposed to be delivered in early
> Sept. Well it got here today and it's a beauty, but it had one major
flaw.
> They put on a 3.92 rear end instead of the 3.55. Man, was I mad and
still
> am. Come to find out my salesman screwed up the order on the computer.
> was told they would have to reorder and wait till Nov for delivery. I
told
> them to keep their damn truck and cancelled my order. I needed a truck
> yesterday so I bought a friends Chevy Z71 which is in pristine condition.
> I guess I will just wait and see what they have to offer in late 98.
Make
> sure when you guys order to verify every nut and screw or you might end
up
> with a Chevy.
>
> UPSET,

        The two last words sum it up (Chevy & UPSET). That's what you'll be
after not taking the Dakota. Why did you have a cow over 3.92 vs. 3.55??
If
it was THAT big a deal, I'd have them discount the truck another $500, take
the
truck as is, THEN, if you were still upset about the 3.92 gearing, have a
3.55
set dropped in (for $500 or less), then sell the 3.92 (brand new gearset)
OR,
have them swap out the 3.92 for a 3.55... There service dept can handle
that...

        I'd only be upset if the truck was a V6 when it was supposed to be
a V8, or the color was wrong... You REALLY should have consulted US!!!
LOL... Oh well... Good luck with your Chevy... Watch out for those side
impacts...

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
        3.90 gearing, and still smiling!!