Re: Consumer Reports; Was: Ram/Dakota 4x4 and Consumer (Reports)

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 09:31:07 EDT

----------
> From: J B Cleary <bcleary@interlog.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Consumer Reports; Was: Ram/Dakota 4x4 and Consumer (Reports)

> Date: Friday, September 05, 1997 8:09 AM
>
> Geeezz DICK! Who pissed in your corn flakes!!

Actually, I eat Kellogg's Low Fat Granola. A man of my age (54) needs all
the help he can get! <g>

> Lighten up a little. Jane & Larry have been with this group since day
one . . .

I've enjoyed my repartee with Jane-or-Larry and I'm sure they're nice folks
(no smart-ass grin on this end, really!). And I appreciate that we can go
back and forth with humor and not go over the line (although I may have,
just a *teeny* bit). Okay . . . I'll lighten up. See the last paragraph
of this message. Not now! Wait 'til you get there!

>. . . and have always contributed useful info.

Except to call _Consumer Reports_ *_Consumer Distorts_*! Has CR distorted
the survey results on the Dakota?

>Just because they hit a sore spot with you on Toyotas . . .

I'm not pissed that they knocked Toyota, which isn't perfect (neither is
Rolls Royce or Mercedes, by the way). I'm pissed that they knocked
_Consumer Reports_ which has a long record of educating the American
consumer. Hell, they've been educating me for over 30 years. That's why
my repair bills for everything from washing machines to cars have been
extremely low during that time.

>. . . is no reason to get your knickers in a twist!

Hey! I resemble that remark! I'm old, but I don't wear knickers (what are
they, anyway?). I knowwwwwwww . . . . . . . . they're short/baggy pants.

>After all, this is a DAKOTA group and we are allowed to bash other makes
if we want ;^)

You're right, and I, too, am against censorship. Hey, if we can't argue
with our friends, who can we argue with? I've enjoyed my participation in
this group and I've learned a lot about my future truck. And I, too, love
bashing. For example, as a (former) Honda motorcyclist, I frequently
bashed Hardly Ableson (or is it Harley Davidson?). But then, that's like
shooting fish in a barrel, isn't it?

As indicated above, I'll lighten up. And Jane or Larry (see? no hypens),
there's a virtual handshake pointing at you from this end to signify peace
8-).