AT shift hiccup

From: Dwight Campbell (dcampbel@ccia.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 1997 - 23:44:42 EDT

Howdy all,

I picked up my 98 Dak a couple of weeks ago, and got close to 600 miles
on it so far. Love it.

I've noticed one glitch though, and wondered if any of you have
experienced this...

When accelerating fairly briskly (but not floored) from a stop, it
shifts fine from first to second. Then when it is near the shift point
to go into third, it feels like the engine looses spark for just a
fraction of a second (less than half a second).

At this point, it is going around 30 mph, and revs are at about 2700.

When this happens, the tach drops a few hundred, then goes right back up
as the power returns.

Then it continues to accelerate to about 35 mph, and upshifts normally
to third.

Usually the "hiccup" is just one time, but it has had three in rapid
succession before the upshift to third.

It doesn't do it all the time and I can't make it do it at will. It
seems to be random.

I have an appointment to have it checked out next wednesday, but I
thought I'd let you guys take a crack at it first.

For a while I thought it was the tranny, but now I think it's the
engine.

Sorry for the long post.

Dwight

98 V6 AT CC SLT+ 4x4 SG 4WABS Emerald/Driftwood