Re: Front Bed Bends?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 09:27:29 EDT

Jack Snodgrass wrote:

> >Rader wrote:

> >> I have bent the front of my Dakota's bed (a full beer keg broke loose
> >> from it's moorings :( ), but found that it was easy as pie to bend back
> >> by hand. A little too easy, I fear.

> Just wondering if these bed bends occur in trucks with drop in bed liners
> as much as trucks with no bed liners or sprayed in bed liners?

  In my case, I have the Dodge drop-in plastic liner. This liner
has done an excellent job preventing the small dings and dents
typical in truck beds that actually function, as well as taking
the bed paint off. However, no normal liner is going to prevent
dents when a ~200 pound round can starts rolling around in your bed.
Maybe if you lined the bed with 1/4" steel...

  I think I'll just kludge up a plywood guard like Sam did.

  Ron