Re: Paint Protection; Was: Front Bed Bends?

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 10:46:29 EDT

I've read a lot of complaints about bed liners scratching paint, resulting
in rust. . I remember seeing on one of the TV auto repair shows a rubber
product that comes in sheets and is intended for use under a bed liner. I
don't remember what it's called, but check your auto parts stores, if
interested. As bad as your experiences have been, I remember years ago,
when I bought my '72 Datsun 1600 pickup ($1.800, brand new!), the bed sides
were single-wall, and anything banging against the inside showed on the
outside! It was a great truck, however, with a 1,600 load capacity. And
fast. I used to autocross it, and did well. That back end just swung
around like it was a truck! (Oh, it was a truck!)