Re: Front Bed Bends?

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 18:18:58 EDT

>day when somebody stole his boat trailer. Well, we backed my Dak down the
>ramp into the water with tailpipe bubbling, and shoved the 14 foot aluminum
>bass boat into the back of the truck. It only hung off the back of the

Reminds me of the example of how NOT to retreive your boat that I saw up
in Monterey in August.

We were walking across the boat parking lot to some shops, and a fellow
backed up and zoomed in front of us - heading for the boat ramp. I
thought he was going a little fast, being a busy parking lot, and as he
was backing up a trailer, but I didn't think anything more, and we went
into the scuba shop.

When we left the scuba shop, the boat ramp was between us and the break-
water where all the harbor seals hang out, which my girlfriend wanted to
see. A tow truck arrived, and started reeling out cable for the guy in
his Ford station wagon, and his buddy. The Ferd was underwater, but for
the lip of the luggage rack on top. All their gear was floating around
inside. They eventually hooked on to the bumper (using scuba) and pulled
the station wagon, and boat trailer, out of the water. The horn started
blowing as soon as the engine cleared water.

Clearly, the fellow hadn't slowed as he approached the ramp -- which are
ALWAYS covered with slippery green algae. Too cool for his own good.
The two of them were still wringing seawater out of clothes when we left
the seals about an hour later. I'll bet that was a memorable dive trip!

Jim