Re: Stolen Cars & Trucks

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 23:25:48 EDT

*snip*
> Toyota's would most often be done with the old fashion hot wired method.
The
> one thing I can say good about Toyotas is they are the hardest cars to
open
> with lockout tools. Toyota leads the industry with anti non-key entry.
The
> new Camery is almost impossible to open with door tools. Although most
> thieves will just break a window.

        Funny, in high school we use to 'move' our friend's cars in the parking
lot (Toyota trucks). With older toyotas '82-86, you could get into them by
lifting the door handle and poking a pencil through the hold beneath the
handle (it would pop the button up). We didn't steal anything, just turn
on
the wipers, radio, etc... Or take 2 floor jacks and jack the car off the
ground,
then push it to the opposite end of the parking lot. More than once a
football
player was crying to the principle that his car was stolen... Only to find
that when he returned to the parking lot that his car was the only one in
the lot! :P Hey, I had 'FUN' in autoshop!!

        Sam '95 SLT (I won't tell you what school I went to!)

        BTW: True Story, It turns out that that 'Cunanan?' guy that killed
        all of those people, then himself, he was in 8th grade at the same
        school I went to when I was in 9th grade... WEIRD huh?