Fwd: Re: Idle problems Was: tbi removal

From: KARL MOLTZAN (kmoltzan@mymail.net)
Date: Tue Sep 09 1997 - 09:57:31 EDT

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997 22:58:14 KARL MOLTZAN
<kmoltzan@mymail.net> wrote:

---- Forwarded message follows ----
On Mon, 08 Sep 1997 20:40:51 -0500 Michael Clark
<mclark@wt.net> wrote:

>Jarrod Pilone wrote:
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> when i removed my TBI, i re-used the factoryh gasket and
havent had anyh
>> vacuum problems at all. but my truck was built in may of
1997, yours is a
>> bit older and you may have to replace it. i would say
replace it man, its
>> only like a few bucks.
>>
>> Jarrod
>
>Thanks for the info guys. Well, being the inpatient kind
of guy I am I
>went ahead and pulled the tbi and cleaned it inside and
out. Man you
>could eat off that thing now. Some throttle body cleaner
and an old
>toothbrush does wonders. My gasket came off with a small
crack in it,
>so I need a new one, but for tonight it is doing fine.
>

>Also the inside of my intake manifold was wet looking. I
thought the
>magnum manifolds were "dry" manifolds. There was a good
ammount of
>black carbon all inside and it looked "oily". Is this
normal? I kinda
>remember reading an article on the magnum engines that
said if your
>intake was oily looking inside you have a cover gasket???
that is
>leaking? Does anyone know anything about that?

The gasket in the intake manifold pan gasket.I replace mine
this spring.You have to romove the intake manfold as the
 pan is on the bottom of the manifold.Its a pretty big job
but not hard to do.

>It just seems that no matter what I do, I just can't trace
this
>down.....
>Any help or ideas will be EXTREMELY appreciated.

                92 CC 4X2 5.2L 4/5RT(stock cam)
                   1.7Crower, Electric Fans
                     DTs,Jacobs Omnipac
                     B&M Shifter 4200lbs