Re: Size of the battery in the heavy duty electrical package

From: ddepardo@ittc.ukans.edu
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 13:29:01 EDT

 Hi;

 I just bought a '98 V-6 5-Speed Dakota, and although I'm happy

 with the performance of the V-6, (compared to the wimpy 4 cylinder

 Ranger I traded in...) I'm interested in hearing about any

 performance upgrades for this engine. This is my first Mopar product

 so I'm pretty much a newbie...but I've built a "Brand X" drag car

 or two, so I'm confident I can handle any worthwhile modification.

 I intend to replace the stock air filter element with a K+N,

 and perhaps go to a set of SS headers if there are emissions legal

 versions available. I have a Mopar Performance parts catalog on

 order, and I hope to find at least a few upgrade items in there.

 Has anyone port matched or otherwise massaged the intake tract on

 their 3.9L? I realize that most hi-po Dakota owners will be

 flogging the V-8 version.

 I'll probably keep the Stainless Steel single exhaust in place

 for awhile, but is there a bolt-on a dual catalytic converter exhaust

 available?

 Thanks in advance...

 Dan

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)