My tires, so far

From: Mark Seagondollar (segndolr@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 16:38:41 EDT

The crappy OEM tires that came on my 94 V6 5sp club cab lasted 18-20 K miles

I replaced them with 235/70x15 LTX M+S Michelins, which lasted 38-40K miles

They go replaced by 225/60x15 BF Goodrich TAs. I wanted to try a 60 series
tire and give the BFGs new (Michelin owned & influenced) design a try. Also,
at that time, the Michelin X Ones were about $120 apiece compared to about
$60-70 for the TAs. They are at 30 K miles and getting close to the wear
bars. My speedometer is also about 10% low, and I will have approximately 3 K
miles more showing on the odo than is actual. (factor that into the mileage on
the current tires)

I commute 32 mi to work every day to RTP and tend to throw the truck around as
much as I can. Since with close to 100 K miles on the truck after four years
and less need for M+S than rain tires, I intend to give Michelin the challenge
for their 6 yr. unlimited warranty on the X Ones this time. The price is now
down to about $ 90 ea. at the local NTB. I think I can run them off in less
than six years given my current avg annual mileage.