Scott " Shelby Dude"

From: Braxton, John (jbraxton@gmgw.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 18:45:00 EDT

Scott,
I have had my Shelby for four years and it is stock. My best time was
10.19 in the 1/8 mile. I purchase my Shelby computer @ Forward Motion
(the last of their stock)and used it for one week to see how it work.
As you know stock it would spin the tire about a half a truck link, but
with the new computer it would pull sideways for about a truck and a
half or two. I decided to pack it up and save it for when I restored the
Shelby. Now things have changed because I am in the process of buying
my uncles Shelby (1,056 miles+ Shelby Performance Kit), so I didn't need
two computers and I sold mine to JD Pruitt for $400. About two years
ago Forward Motion purchase all of the remaining Shelby Performance Kits
for Mopar and split it up into conponets that how I got mine. At that
time they had the Tbi in stock for $250.00. I was told that it was only
a holly "360" tbi for 1989 and you had to cut the intake so the butter
flies could work. I'm looking forward to see how the complete kit will
work out and maybe get a 3" exhaust kit too.

  The reason I'm Selling my Shelby is I felt it would be cheaper to by
my uncle than restore mine

>Where did you get your computer? How Much, and where did you get your
tbi and how much. Also you should be able to >get some kind of better
intake I would think...and that should help for performance.

>Have you ever run your truck in the 1/4 mi.?

John Braxton