Re: Synthetic Oil (additives)

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 1997 - 10:43:43 EDT

Glenn & Lynn Vanderburg wrote:

> Ever see them paid commercials talking about their special oil additives?.
> You know them as slick-50, duralube, prolong and the like. What I would
> like to know if any of you have tried these and what you thoughts are on
> them.

One of my biggest problems with these "additives" is that they show
you what happens when the oil is taken out of the engine, which
doesn't happen very often. What they don't go out of their way
to show you is what happens when the oil is left in. In most cases,
they have been shown to clog filters and small passages. Not worth
it, IMHO.

Phil
'97 Dakota
'67 Charger