Re: Child Seat in a CC?

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Mon Sep 15 1997 - 14:47:23 EDT

Richard -

The ideal place for a child seat is in the center (if there's a lap or
lap/shoulder belt, of course). By placing it in the center, you can really
tighten down the lap belt when you mount the seat. If a bulge in the
center causes a rockin' seat, you should create a *wedge* under the left
and right side of the seat with something like tightly folded towels. If
you do decide to place the seat on the left or right side, make sure you
read the directions (which hardly anyone does), to make sure you use the
special gadget which often comes with the seat, and makes it compatible
with shoulder belts. In addition to the directions that came with the
seat, or on the seat itself, read your truck's owner's manual for any
information on safety belts and child seats. If you have any questions, I
recommend that you contact your nearest AAA regional office. I was the
Safety Director on a major military installation, and we used their
services at safety belt checkpoints to educate people. They do a great
job. Give them a call!

Congrats on being a concerned/loving dad. Too many parents buckle
themselves and don't buckle up the kids (!!), or buckle up the kids and
don't buckle themselves (!!). If you keep the baby in a car seat, and
provide a good example whenever YOU and your passenger get into the truck,
you'll end up with a teenager who automatically buckles up.

Spread the word: In Princess Di's crash, the bodyguard, who was the only
one buckled, was the only one who survived.

Por Favore, Non Mi Rompere i Coglioni. Grazie!

Dick C.