Re: "Ram Air"

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Tue Sep 16 1997 - 18:33:51 EDT

Hey Rich:

On my Shelby, the air-cleaner has two openings. On one end a hose runs
from the air-cleaner down to an opening in the front of the grille. When I
first got the truck I seen Chrysler had put a plastic piece over the end of
the hose(I guess to keep rain out). When I took that off ( had to take the
grille and everything out) I noticed the indentations in the grille on the
other side for another hose. I then went to the shop, looked up the part
#'s in Chryslers repair book, ordered them and about a week later they came
in. I had to take the grille back out cut the indentation out with an air
hacksaw. I also had to take the battery tray and horn out. I got the new
hose routed and up to the other side of the air-cleaner, and I had to screw
it fast, reinstall the battery tray, and horn. It was a very tight fit
though. Put my K&N back in took it to the track and picked up at least a
tenth, if not more. The weather was very close to the time I ran before.

later

scott miller