Re: Gibson vs. Flowmaster

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 19:29:10 EDT

Richard A Pyburn wrote:

> Dave
> I ditto Keith's response as I also have the Gibson 3" catback (welded)
> with the 31/2' chrome tip and the 318 V8. The sound is great but the
> throttle response is even better. I checked a few Flowmasters and they
> sounded like glass packs to me . I wanted the deep big-block sound and
> that's what I got.
>
> Richard

Glass packs? Them's fightin' words man... ;~)

Seriously, I don't think my flowmaster sounds like a glass pack. I like
the sound very much. I know when I was looking around for exhaust stuff
I did NOT want anything that would sound like a glass pack. The first
time I heard my truck fired up with the flowmaster I was pleased. If
sound quality is your main concern, I suggest you listen to the two
systems before deciding. I can cover the flowmaster one, go to:
http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/sounds.html
that should give you a pretty good idea how the flow will sound. Anyone
done any recordings of their Gibsons?

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto