Re: Re: Cleaning Aluminum Wheels??

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 1997 - 00:11:03 EDT

----------
> From: Michael Clark <mclark@wt.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: Cleaning Aluminum Wheels??
> Date: Monday, September 22, 1997 5:57 PM
>
> LJacobs wrote:
(snipped)
> like yours are more than dirty. Anyone know how difficult (expensive)
> it is to have a set of wheels polished and maybe clearcoated?

There are several companies that advertise in the back of _Autoweek_ that
they will rebuild aluminum wheels to like-new condition. Since the
previous owner of my Integra damaged all four rims (!), I called to ask how
much they'd charge. I think they said $120 apiece, which is cheaper than
new ones. One of the mags brought several wheels to one of the companies
and was very pleased with the results, but said that the rebuilt ones
looked better than the ones they didn't have done, so they'd end up having
the others redone, too. I guess the bottom line is to figure that you're
gonna have to have four wheels (five?) done.

> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com

Por Favore, Non Mi Rompere i Coglioni. Grazie!

Dick C.