FIPK questions

From: AJRoss50@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 23 1997 - 18:39:26 EDT

I have seen that a lot of guys have the K&N FIPK on there Daks. What exactly
is the FIPK? Is that an acronym? From the picture in Magnum Performance's
catalog, it looks like a 14" chrome air cleaner. MP also has a 14" chrome
air cleaner for the same price ('97 catalog). I had a K&N drop-in( i.e.
direct replacement) on my old truck('88 Ranger). While it didn't seem to
help much ( it was only a 4cyl.), I liked the fact that it was reusable. If
the FIPK is really just a 14" chrome air cleaner, why not just buy a $29.95
Edelbrock or Summit air cleaner and drop a $29.95 K&N air filter in it??
What I'd really like to have, is the setup that is available for the Mustangs
and Camaros that comes with a conical air filter and a kit that replaces the
stock airbox and plenum. Does K&N make kits like these for the Dakotas? Or
is the FIPK the same thing?

Alex
'97 CC Sport V8 5spd
3.92 SG