Re: 94 Dakota Sport trouble

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 25 1997 - 11:22:39 EDT

> Hey Dan:
>
> I had a 340 ready to go in an 88 Dakota. I backed out after I seen how
> much work it would have been. I just bought one with a V8 already in it.
> Believe me, it was a lot easier, but that little truck would have been
> better than any factory V8 truck. Oh well
>
> Later
>
> Scott

Correct me if I'm wrong but the '88 are pre magnum engines and thus have a
smaller engine compartment right? If I remember correctly the front was
stretched several inches in '90 for magnum engines so conceiveably you
could get a 340 to fit in a post '90 Dak without as many mods as were
required on your '88. Am i right guys?

Bruce