FW: JTEC code display

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Thu Sep 25 1997 - 15:58:00 EDT

>I am curious about this code display. I have a new '98, and while I am
not
>expecting to see any codes, I was wondering if someone would tell me the

>procedure you are talking about....What happens if there are no codes?
 Is it
>likely this will even work on the 98s?

Put key in ignition, cycle on-off-on-off-on. Do not start the truck just
turn key to "run" position, then off, back to "run", then off, then back
to "run" and leave it. You should see some numbers in your electronic
odometer. A '55' signals end of codes. You will get the 55 even if you
have no other codes. This *should* work on the '98 Daks.

Check it out... and let us know!

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
Brass Cap & Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
MSD 6AL Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI w/Power Bridge
Pioneer DEH-65DH/Pioneer TS-A5705/TS-626/SAS Bazooka A82-80
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/