Re: Moroso FIPK clone?

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 1997 - 17:53:09 EDT

>Has anyone used the Moroso cans for your FIPK clone? According to
>list scuttlebutt, I should be able to fit a 14" x 3" assembly under
>my '95 hood, and a few people have supposedly used the Edelbrock 1207.
>
> However, for a few bucks more ($38 vs. $24), I wouldn't mind using
>the Moroso blue anodized 14" can (Jeg's part #710-65902). I imagine
>it would be a pretty good accent to the Brilliant Blue paint.
>
> Funny thing is that the catalog tells me that "the base is radiused
>downward, reducing stacking height by 1/2" ...." Apparently other
>folks have had problems with recessed-base filter cans before, so
>I'm wondering if anyone else has tried the Moroso can before I shell
>out the bucks.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

I looked at the Moroso unit in a local speed shop, and it is identical to
the other recessed based unit. When I mean identical, I mean down to the
same dimples and design. Only difference is the color. You would have to
build a spacer like I did out of PVC or some sort of rubber tubing. (I used
a rubber connecter pipe originally designed for connecting drainage tile.
Cut it to length and bingo, no problem).

That's why it is really cheaper to go with the Mr. Gasket unit!!

Rob Robinson
96 Sport 318-3.55
Short Bed, Standard Cab