Edelbrock RPM Series

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 16:50:51 EDT

Now, on to the exhaust. Has anyone used Edelbrock RPM series
components on their Dakota? What's your opinion on performance
and noise?

  Since I'm happy with the stock configuration, I'm looking at
3" center in/out mufflers, specifically Edelbrock's heavy duty
RPM #5525. I do tow occasionally and may as well have the heavier
gauge shell.

  Does anyone have an opinion on exiting the muffler with a straight
pipe and rear exit, as opposed to a 90deg bend and side exit?

  Everyone seems to like their Gibsons, but I'm taking a close look
at the lifetime warranty alternatives, like the Edelbrock. Also, a
welded system should be a bit tougher than the bolted cat-backs.

  Edelbrock does offer RPM cat-back systems with lifetime warranties,
but http://www.edelbrock.com lists the '97 Dakota only. There's
plenty of biased but good information on their pages.

  Thanks,

  Ron

P.S. Sam P., the RPM splits the flow and should be a little
quieter than your Dynomax UltraFLO, but not flow as well.