Re: ValveCovers Attn: Scott Vieth

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 28 1997 - 15:06:05 EDT

>The new "Mopar Magnum" Valve Covers were installed yesterday morning.
>Took 2 1/2 hours. Pain in the butt with all the wiring harnesses, heater
>hoses, clips and such. They look real nice and do not leak. They are
>much lighter the the stock covers.
>
>David R.
>Sterling Heights
>Michigan

I really like the looks of the new covers, but they are so expensive(or so
I think). What was the hardest part that made it take so long? It looks
like a very easy thing to get to. I guess you have to take your time and
do it right. Oh, did they come with new gaskets or did you have to
purchase them separately? How about grommets for the pvc and breather?

I was thinking about purchasing a set of stock steel covers and having them
plated to match my aircleaner and hopefully my DT headers (if I could ever
afford them). Has anyone priced the stock covers?

Also, has anyone found another distribitor of covers that fit our magnum heads?

Rob Robinson
96 sport 318-3.55
short bed standard cab