Valve Covers & Spedo Gear Attn: Rob Robinson

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 28 1997 - 17:08:33 EDT

You're right, the Mopar Magnum Valve Covers are not cheap.
Got them for $114 plus tax at Ramchargers in Roseville, Michigan.
They come with the new gaskets (good ones) , the 20 bolts and the
baffels for the oil cap and PCV valve. The stock covers have several
items attached to them. Couple of ignition wire looms and some
wire harness clips. I used the original 20 studs so I could hook
everything back the way it was. I helps if you disconnect some of
the wire harnesses and prop up the heater hoses. I purchased an
additional chrome oil cap. Moved the PCV to the front of the passenger
side and put an oil cap on the rear. The front on the drivers side has
an oil cap and the rear has the stock breather from the air cleaner.
I still have the original stamped valve covers. If you want them, you
can have them. My wife says I can't store them in the livingroom.

I thought about changing the speedometer gear to correct the readings.
But....two mechanics have told me that there is more to it on the '97's
because of the electronic odometer. Something else needs to be
changed in the electronics. I haven't really looked into it because I
don't want to spend the money on it and I'm not all that unhappy with
the odometer reading slow. I leased the truck (heh heh) and I tend to
go over my mileage limit. Although, I plan is to buy this truck at the
end of the lease. I really think this is a great vehicle...performance and
looks.

I have also added the Borg Warner (Brass Cap and Rotor) and the Accell
8mm ignition wires and Champion Truck Plugs.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan