Autovantage and Re:'98 cost info

From: Matthew Brandes (mbrandes@realworks.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 13:04:03 EDT

I'm not sure where the thread started or who actually started it but
thought I would throw my $.02 in...

I purchased my Dakota via the AutoVantage (http://www.autovantage.com)
program on the Internet. I basically gave them my name, address and what
kind of vehicle I wanted and they sent me an email with the participating
dealer and the sales person I was to contact along with the "deal" I would
get. I paid $150 over dealer invoice for mine.. my girlfriend paid $100
over dealer invoice for her Stratus.

This was the first new car I bought and it couldn't have been any easier.
I walked on the lot and introduced myself, he already knew who I was. (I
guess they get notified by the Autovantage people.) I looked at what they
had on the lot.. test drove one and drove away with it about an hour
later!! Could not have been much easier!!

Matthew