Re: Sure-grip suggestions?

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Sun Oct 05 1997 - 22:11:49 EDT

The Robinsons:
>on where to get the parts. Has anyone gone with a unit other than the
>factory one and if so, how do you like what you have?

I have a factory setup, but I'd really rather get away from the clutch
setup and get one of the true torque-split diffs like the Torsen or the
Quaife differential. Has anyone checked to see if they are offered in
sizes to fit in a Chrysler pumpkin?

A side note - I think there was a rumor (or factoid) that Dana would be
supplying all the diffs for Chrysler trucks for the '98 model year and
beyond. I would think it'd be much easier to find aftermarket parts for
Dakotas if that is indeed true.

Jim
-- Back from D.C. where mass transit is the only practical mode... Yuck!