Re: 4 stroke in reverse NOT

From: Mike (ax778@lafn.org)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 02:27:09 EDT

Scott Lemser wrote:

> Normally, none of you could possibly upset me with statements made on this list.
> However, I feel as if you are implying that I am some sort of moron for claiming
> that a 4 stroke engine can and has run backwards. I noticed a couple of posts from
> others who have worked in the field that back up my claim. thanks.
>
> Perhaps you misunderstood, thinking I meant that the engine ran normally. They don't.
> In fact, I have never seen one get much over 100 rpm, But IT DOES HAPPEN.
>
> I made my living working in the automotive field until I nearly lost my hands in
> a racing accident, I'd like to think that I'm pretty knowlegeable in the area of
> automobiles and I'm humble enough to admit when I'm wrong. How bout you?
>
> By the way, Is the world still flat?

Sure is, it just spins so fast that it LOOKS round.
http://flatearth.tdolby.com/
 The middle part is hollow too. (Jules Verne: Journey to Center of
Earth)
Actually, If you read all of my post, I did allow that it could run,
under some very special conditions, tail pipe full of fuel/air mix, hot
carbon deposits that would cause it to diesel, and awfully weird luck.
 I just haven't gotten to the part of how to fill the ex. pipe
with fuel/air mix that would diesel. Dieseling in the forward mode
is the very common one that I know of. Mike