Re: RE: RE: Found my truck (was: Introduction)

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 09:33:39 EDT

KAY DECHANCE wrote:

> I paid $200 over invoice, and they charged me $230 for advertising.
> They *assured* me that this was a legitimate charge, and showed me the
> charge on an invoice for one that they had on the lot.
>
> Do u remember how it was listed, ie so much national so much state,I was told
> 135 state and 160 national total 290 but other DML members have given me
> different quotes they got some different in the same state, something seems
> funny about the whole advertising thing!!!!!! Where are you maybe your state
> costs are different than here in Stockton Ca.

I have bought my last 2 vehicles (including my Dak) through
fleet purchases. The advertising charge IS legitimate. It
is regional, not by state. It generally ranges from $200-$400.
During a negotiation, a dealer might or might not fight to get
this cost from the purchaser depending on holdbacks, price over
invoice, current month quotas, phase of the moon, etc.

I got mine for $50 over invoice plus advertising (350 I think).

--
| Chip Maurer           chip@unx.dec.com    |