Re: Re: 1/4 Mile Times Revisited

From: WM96@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 11 1997 - 17:39:14 EDT

<<> Jarrod, I was under the impression that the truck you describe with those

> mods should be running a little quicker than that. Am I right? Any

ideas

> why you would be running slower? I have the exact same truck and I'm

planning

> on the Transgo kit, was it worth the $?

what does your '97 CC run??? mine was running low 16s bone stock. the

'96-older models werent as heavy as the '97s and were a bit faster. and the

regular cab dak's are about 400 pounds lighter. Sean Meldrum runs 15.25 in

his '97 5 speed reg. cab.

as far as transgo. get it. it didnt help my e.t. at al. but it was well

worth it for the better shifts. you notice it big time and anyone can do

it. it comes with a video that shows you how to do it.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net

http://falcon.laker.net/moparman

'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo

Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe. Lakewood Traction Bars. 15.920@84.37

'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car

Jarrod, I haven't ran mine yet. That's why I was kinda hoping your times
should be faster :-) How much cash did you have to fork over for that shift
kit and where did you get it?

Will
'97 CC 5.2 auto 3.55, 2 1/4 duals out the pass. side w/turbo, FABM