Re: Dunlop GT Qualifiers

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 11:26:10 EDT

Ryan LeBlanc wrote:

> A couple days ago, I wrote asking about the Dunlop GT Qualifiers. I
> have decided that since my wranglers are almost bald now at 11,000
> miles, I want to make sure I buy a tire with a warranty. Do these
> tires
> come with a mileage warranty. I was at sears tonight and asked the
> guy. He didn't know :-' . Any way, I saw a Goodyear Wrangler APT that
>
> had a 50,000 mileage warranty. Goodyear's web site didn't seem to
> mention this tire. Can any of you guys (or gals ;-) ) help me out!!!
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan
>
> 97, CC, 4x2, 5.2L, 5spd, SLT+, Black

I have the GTQs on my truck. To my knowledge, there is no mileage
warranty available. Mine have about 8000 miles on them and still look
almost new. If you get all 4 the same size and rotate every 3-4k miles,
they should last 30-35k or so. My stock Goodyear Invictas didn't even
make it to 30k. The traction of the GTQs wet or dry is better than any
performance radial I've ever owned. I bought mine from Discount Tire
Direct(on the web) for around 60 clams each and had the local Discount
tire mount them(for free). All I had to pay was about $20 for balancing.

Andre Mauboussin
95 5spd 14.70@93.5mph